- Posted by Richie Martin
- On September 6, 2017
- 0 Comments
The burgeoning world of legal marijuana has started to breed its own type of celebrity. These are the people who have been the most outspoken about their use of marijuana products and their journey through the world of medical marijuana in particular.
- Krishna Sai Andavolu: Well followed on Twitter, Andavolu (@kandavolu) is the host and executive producer of the series “Weediquette” on Vice. The series follows families as they face a wildly unpredictable justice system as it relates to marijuana.
- Joe Rogan: Rogan has long been known for his comedy sketches and talk shows, but more recently he has moved to the forefront of the marijuana fight with his blog. In his writing, he talks extensively about cannabis and its place in everyday life.
- Cheryl Shuman: With more than 36,000 followers on Twitter, the Cannabis Queen of Beverly Hills (@CherylShuman) is leading the industry forward with political insight and investment advice for those who want to be in the business.
- Isaac Dietrich: Dietrich (@Isaac_Dietrich) also has accumulated quite the following on Twitter, but his real fame comes from founding the startup MassRoots, an app that allows you to find marijuana products near you and lets you read reviews and talk to other connoisseurs.
- Montel Williams: Williams is the host of one of the longest-running talk shows ever on television, but he has also become something of an activist in the pot industry. He has a long story of overcoming the odds, and he has seen first-hand how a single marijuana charge can derail a person’s life and keep them from getting ahead. He has been outspoken in regard to creating fair legislation and reducing mass incarceration.
- Jane West: Jane West first gained fame as an Instagram star, but now she is ubiquitous across the web. Her website and products are designed to bring marijuana into the spotlight and offer modern, clean accessories to the public.
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Dr. Gupta is both a neurosurgeon and a media personality. He has come out in support of legalizing marijuana and has provided some of the most important evidence for how marijuana impacts users.
- Joel Hradecky: This YouTube sensation has tasked himself with personally testing and reviewing nearly every marijuana product on the market. He has a massive following, as he always gets his hands on the latest goodies.
- Willie Nelson: If you don’t know Willie Nelson’s place in the pot industry by now, you might be living under a rock. He has been the premier celebrity voice of recreational pot use for decades.
- Whoopi Goldberg: Another big-time celebrity who has openly talked about pot and supports the legalization of cannabis is Whoopi. Her celebrity influence has brought the subject of marijuana as medicine into the eyes of the mainstream media.
Who is your favorite marijuana influencer? Leave us a comment!