- Posted by Noni Cavaliere
- On February 11, 2018
- 0 Comments
Photo Credit: RawPixel/Shutterstock.com
As the cannabis industry has been on a consistent rise as states legalize medical and others go recreational, 2018 is looking like the year to get together with others in the industry. Many people are becoming interested in starting a cannabis business. For that reason, there have been a lot of cannabis conventions popping up all over the place. Whether you own a small business and want to expand so you can target more clients or you want to seek out new business opportunities, establish your brand or make sure that your presence is known in the industry, a marijuana conference could be the place to begin.
Why Attend a Cannabis Conference?
There are many reasons to attend a cannabis related conference, we’re highlighting just a few to get started:
- Learn and Prepare: A focus of many cannabis focused conferences is to help and prepare cannabis business for success in the industry. You will get to learn from experienced cannabis professionals in one place over a day or two. At many conferences there is going to be numerous sessions and table discussions where you will get to learn about the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Connect: Meet and exchange knowledge with true pioneers from all over the world. Can you imagine how many people you’ll meet; mentors, peers, contacts, customers, and partners. Conferences are the perfect meetup.
- Be inspired: A marijuana conference allows you to network with like-minded people who are going in the same direction. The conferences tend to bring together several leaders and pioneers in the industry. Going to a marijuana conference will help you to put your ‘eggs in a row,’ setting your priorities and goals so that you can benefit.
- Share: You will also have various opportunities to talk about your company and ideas. Share your success stories and any hurdles you’ve had to jump over.
2018 Cannabis Conferences to Look Forward to
2018 World Medical Cannabis Conference and Expo, April 12-14
- Located in Pittsburgh, PA. The 2018 World Medical Cannabis Conference & Expo serves the growing national cannabis market. Hosted by Compassionate Certification Centers, a leader in medical marijuana healthcare, the large-scale event is designed to bring together thought leaders from all industry sectors.
Indo Expo, August 4-5, 2018
- Located in Portland, OR. The INDO EXPO Trade Show is focused on building business to business (B2B) relationships and providing a professional platform for producers, processors, wholesalers, and retailers. The INDO EXPO supports the growth of the Cannabis Industry by bringing together industry professionals from around the world. This full-spectrum Cannabis B2B event showcases hundreds of companies, brands and product lines, representing equipment, lighting, nutrients, greenhouses, supplies, tools, lifestyle and ancillary companies and services such as legal, HVAC, IT, packaging, labeling, security and real estate firms, staffing, HR, brokers, consultants and more.
4TH ANNUAL SOUTHWEST CANNABIS CONFERENCE & EXPO, October 5 & 6, 2018
- Located in Phoenix, AZ. The Southwest Cannabis Conference & Expo (SWCC) is brought to you by Weedmaps, and several other national sponsors to host the most exciting professional and educational medical cannabis conferences the United States Cannabis industry has ever seen. A business-to-business event bringing together experts from the local, regional and national cannabis industry to network and share the latest industry information is an event where individuals interested in the industry can learn more from these industry experts.
Marijuana Business Conference & Expo, Las Vegas, November 14-17, 2018
- Located in Las Vegas. MJBizCon is known as the largest cannabis conference in the world, with over 18,000 cannabis leaders and investors set to attend. There is 10+ speakers and nine discipline tracks to follow. Also, over 687 exhibitors will be available in 300k sq ft of expo hall space.
With the rapid evolving of the cannabis industry, you have to be at the head of the game and be prepared to learn about new innovations and new regulatory laws. A marijuana conference will usually provide just that. A marijuana conference can cost a significant amount to attend and to participate. However, this can be a business expense that you can claim as a deduction on your taxes. In fact, it is considered a financial investment. Marijuana Marketing Xperts is looking forward to seeing you at the next cannabis conference!